Monday, November 14, 2011

Teachers' Reflections After My Session on 'How I Handle Grammar Using 5E Model'



 Here are the reflections of the teachers who participated in my session:
1.
  • I see how important it is to motivate our students
  • To make them engage we can do many things
  • To group them or pair them we can do many things
  • In fact it is all up to us if the class is good and effective or not because as a teacher we should set the scene
  • Changing sth simply can change the atmosphere
                 these are about me:)
about you;
You are active and energetic which makes us energetic also. You listen to all of us. Eye contact is really good because whenever I look at you I see you looking at me also.
In general it is good. Thanks a lot

2.
It was useful for me, because I realised that I needed to remember 'What is constructivism, how can we use it, is it useful?' I learn more about it. Thank you for it.

3.
Firstly, I want to say that I've chosen picture 1 :)
I have learned more about constructivism. I've remembered some points thanks to you and other instructors. I've also learned 5E model, especially function and form questions in elicitation part and some adaptations to teach grammar effectively. It was a good presentation:)

4.
I've learned some enjoyable and useful activities. It was very beneficial. Thank you for everything.

5.

As a student, we were dealing a lot with the elicitation questions. Is this sentence a correct one to elicit this function or form? Actually we have spent most of our time with that stuff, but today I learnt more than just elicitation part of teaching actually handling grammar:)
I realized more about each stage. What is more, it was fun to be with you. We had great time together. We were active in the process what constructivism suggests:) Thanks for everything! :)

6.

 As a teacher I recall my previous knowledge about constructivism and see method and I have had some more practical methods to use in the class:) Thank you!!!

7.

1.The 5E model is a way of grammar teaching that we had talked about in our courses in university, but I hadn't thought about putting it into use during my lessons very clearly. This session we had today reminded me all those points that I had started to forget about the model. I can now think of making use of them in my lessons. It was a useful and informing session. Thank you for it!

2.I think you were really positive during the whole session, and it helped to create a positive and relaxed environment. Also, your activities were useful. They reached their aim of focusing us on the necessary points about the model. Again, you were very friendly:)

8.

First of all, I'd like to thank you for such an enjoyable session. Teaching grammar is known to be the most boring part of English Teaching. Actually with a little spice we can make it more enjoyable. You've made us remember this fact. Secondly, I wasn't fully aware of 5Es and it was beneficial for me to understand what exactly are 5Es. Thanks

9.

In this session, I've learnt that learning is like constructing a building, so students learn new things based on their previous knowledge/experience. Keeping this in mind, all the items and activities should be meaningful for the students and they should discover the rules, the language items themselves..etc. Apart from the background information, the teacher should act like a guide/helper in the classroom and s/he should encourage students to be autonomous and take the responsibility of their own learning. In the sample lesson plan, I learned the difference between form or function related questions in 5E Model. You are a princess! It was a good presentation. Thanks


And here is my reflection about my session:
  • I paired the participants in a very similar way twice (choosing cards and then choosing postcards) I should have paired or grouped them maybe using different ways.
  • The second part of the session, I had time management problem. The session had to be a lot more faster because we were running out of time.
  •  Unlike the first part of my session, my teacher talking time was really  A LOT in the second part of the session.
  • This is a personal reason: Since I had not been sleeping properly for the last two days, my energy went down drastically during the second part of my session.And it had an effect on the teachers as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment